8/30/10

The Weekender presents: Where the Hell Have You Been?

Ok, so, Mom keeps texting me. Yes, my Mom texts. "Where's the new blog?" "When will you be writing a new blog?" "No use to have a blog if ya don't write in it." Of course, all her points are valid, but, you know, I kind of like the idea of people clamoring for the next new thing from me...even if it's just my Mom.

So, it is with much pomp, circumstance, and a healthy dose of aplomb that I present to you THE WEEKENDER!!!! Ummm...on a Tuesday.

Lot of things on my mind this weekend, but, first, let's get to the pertinents....

* Diet is going as well as it can. I am cutting portions like there's no tomorrow. I am, however, happy to report that my first answer to the question of "What's for dinner?" is becoming less and less driven by a desire for fast food. We still have a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go, but we are well on our way.

* After a little over a week on The CPAP (Which needs a name, BTW, if anyone would like to take a stab), I feel terrific! My body is adjusting to getting sleep at the appropriate time and, I never thought I'd say this, but it feels good to go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

* OK, so a bit of a confession here. I am terrified of weighing in. Terrified. My biggest fear is failing at anything, and to head in the wrong direction would not be a good feeling for me to feel. I must keep a positive attitude or this whole thing will trend downward in a hurry. I officially face the music when I see the Dr. for my one month follow up on September 16th. Fingers crossed and eyes on the prize.

* Now for the good news. For the first time in months, I can buckle my seat belt! Ok, look, String Bean, it may not be a big deal for you because you can buckle your seat belt so well that you almost never do it. I, on the other hand, had to opt out of riding The Incredible Hulk Ride at Universal Studios 10 years ago because I couldn't fit in the harness let alone buckle it in. So, a fastened seat belt is a small victory in my eyes.

So, I know that "The Weekender" is supposed to be not only a recap of recent weight-loss related events, but also a water cooler of sorts for me to kind of toss around things that have my attention, movie reviews, music stuff, and whatever else I see fit to put there. So, here now, are but a few of the things I've done/seen/become hopelessly obsessed about:

1.) Anything "Scott Pilgrim" related. The movie, the video game, and the soundtrack are all top notch. Shame on you all for not seeing the movie. Surely the Geek Movie gods will not take this lightly.

2.) Mad Men. I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've watched the first two episodes of the new season, and I think I'm hooked. The story is quite compelling and I'd like to watch the preceding seasons to really get a fuller understanding of what's going on.

3.) I've also recently started a Formspring account. Formspring is a website where people can ask you questions, which in turn you answer. Far as I can tell there are no limits to what you can ask, but, on my Formspring page, I will be hanging the NO DICKWAD ZONE sign as well. So, if you ain't got anything nice to say, well then you can blow it out your ass, and I mean that in the nicest of ways. You can find me here: http://www.formspring.me/PreciousRoy

Welp, looks like we've come to the end of this trip into my little corner of The Blogosphere. Let me leave you with a little something I picked up a few days ago. I hope it warms your heart as it did mine. Until next time, Keep Your Feet on the Ground, and You Hand out of the Cookie Jar.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the small victory. I've been trying to force my shit to give a shit ever since Johnny Maybrier passed but I can't seem to force myself to. XD

    About Scott Pilgrim, in todays SXEPhil video he mentioned that Scott Pilgrim was made for a fans of that generation and understood all the references, etc, etc etc.... the thing is that/this generation doesn't like paying for shit when they can get it readily for free on the webber-nets. I thought it was awesome movie in theaters. :D Can't watch that shit grainy on a video camera lol

    Keep on truckin' bro.

    ReplyDelete