10/29/11

A Pirate Looks at 30

Wow...you guys are still here.

Well, THIS is awkward....

I have not made good on my promise to keep this blog up and running, and, for that, I apologize. For those of you looking for some sort of excuse or valid reason as to why this blog has fallen by the wayside, I hate to disappoint you, but they are few and far between, and none of them are really any good. I did, however, want to start this thing up again because I just reached a milestone in my life that, about a year and change ago, wasn't completely sure I was going to reach. On October 25, 2011 I turned 30 years old.

Now, I'm not gonna be that guy who's gonna bitch about how his Precious Days of Youth are now far behind him and how he's so depressed because now he's sooooooo oooooooooold. Honestly, I see no need for it. People turn 30, it happens. What really matters is what you plan on doing for the next 30, which brings me to why I've returned to this humble little weblog. I've come back in shame.

A main part of the Mission Statement of this blog has always been to keep it as open and honest as I can stand it. To that end, I'm here to tell you that, since our last conversation, I have failed MISERABLY in dropping all this weight. M I S E R A B L Y. Now, for a lot of you close to me and for me, as well, this is a tough pill to swallow, I know. I've spent these last few days doing a bit of soul searching, and, frankly I've really not liked what I've come up with. I wanna first apologize to all of you who are closest to me, my family and my friends. It's simply not fair for me to, in essence, slowly kill myself right in front of your face.

Some could argue that, yeah, sure I've lost quite a bit of weight. Clothes fit me better, and people are noticing the results, but "quite a bit of weight" was never the mission. The mission was to GET HEALTHY and stay that way; To kick the Diabetes and thus elongate my life. I've not been sticking to the original blueprint, at least not like I should, and the more I think about all you guys who have had to see me this past year, to see me do well and then suddenly stop, the more I know I've really dropped the ball here.

I'm not saying all this so that you guys will flood the comment box with sympathy posts and "it'll be ok's." I'm saying this because there's only one guy who can turn this ship around, and it sure as Hell ain't any of you. I've gotta get myself in check again if I'm gonna survive the next 30. That's why I'm back here. This blog was a great tool in keeping me motivated, to celebrate the big and small victories on the Road to Recovery. It was a great place to open up and talk about my struggles with the whole thing and get feedback from the (few) readers and bits of advice and words of encouragement. And, really, who else am I gonna whine to about really REALLY wanting a MacFarlane's Burger?

So, yeah, in summation, The Blog is back. I am back. The dedication is back. I've stepped away for far too long and I regret it tremendously. So it's time to redeem myself, and, mark my words, kids, I don't plan on letting myself down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment